it’s time for this week’s edition of WWW Wednesday. Since I’ve been sicky these past few weeks, I’m celebrating the fact that I feel much better.
What book (s) are you reading right now?
That’s a trick question, right? No? Okay, fine. I’m reading 3 books currently.
1) From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris. My dear sweet hubby made it his life goal to get me the entire series and currently I have all but the very last one. I’m slowing working my way through them. I like these books because they’re fluffy and fun and not too dark or deep. Sometimes I need that (she says with the shifty eyeballs).
2) Super Nobody by Brent Meske – In the interest of full disclosure, I’m reading this one for review, and so far, it’s really neat. A YA novel about superheroes, and the MC is a lot of fun to read. I’m about halfway through, and I’ve already agreed to review book 2.
3) Jessie’s Song by Eleni Papanou – I’m also reading this one for review. This one’s very intriguing because it’s told by a jazz musician – a guy — who tried to commit suicide, and I’m not very far into it, but it’s keeping me interested. So that’s good, right?
What book (s) did you recently finish?
1) Sacrificed in Shadow by SM Reine – Book 1 of her Ascension series, which is a crossover between her Seasons of the Moon/Cain Chronicles and her Descent series. Holy Mother of God, this book is fucking amazing. And for those of us who have read every single book she’s ever published (and then some), you will love the connections in this. It’s just…I’ve run out of words. Go forth and buy it. (I don’t think you actually need to read the other series, but you’ll probably be more amazed and astounded if you did. Ahem.
2) All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris – So picked because I was going on vacation and wanted something light to tear through (that might be a bit of an oxymoron, but whatever). I enjoyed it. And the excerpt of From Dead to Worse caused me to abandon all plans of reading other books and dive into that one (I don’t, as a rule, read a series straight through. I’m funny like that).
What book (s) will you be reading soon?
1) With All My Soul by Rachel Vincent – Yep, that’s the one that got bumped. Soon, my precious, soon.
And I am drawing a blank and zomg this is evidence that the universe is collapsing on itself and — yeah, um, I had some lined up, but I can’t for the life of me remember what they are. Oops? It’ll come to me. Stay tuned.
And also, I’m a bit miffed that the Royal Baby was deemed more important than General Hospital yesterday. I’ve been following it myself, and I’ve been intrigued by Royal-anything, but please. We are not British! But whatever. I shall live. I think. But they do make a lovely family, don’t they? Love those accents.