Hot-Blooded (The ‘Ohana Series, book 1)
Author: Kendall Grey
Publish Date: July 14, 2014
‘Ohana is everything…
When an accident claims her mother’s life, Keahilani Alana must take charge of her `Ohana (family) or risk losing what little they have. With an underage brother to care for and no education, she has few options. The door to a heavenly hellish opportunity opens when she stumbles upon a valuable secret her mother left behind on the slopes of an extinct volcano—a legacy that tempts the family with riches beyond their wildest dreams. But the secret is much bigger and more sinister than they realize. As reality unravels and exposes eerie truths about the ‘ohana that should have remained deep under the mountain, Keahilani must either resist the
call of her blood or risk being consumed by its darkness.
Blake Murphy is an assassin working to infiltrate a new Hawaiian cartel. His investigation reveals that Keahilani, the sexy surfing instructor he pegged as an informant, is much closer to the drug ring than he thought. Passion ignites between them in the bedroom, but their ironclad ties to opposing interests pit them against each other everywhere else.When tensions reach the breaking point and her
ohana is threatened, the only cure for Keahilani’s hot-blooded fury is a loaded clip with a body bag chaser.
They don’t call her Pele for nothing.
HOT-BLOODED does NOT end with a happily ever after. It contains drug use and graphic sex, language, and violence. The story is intended to entertain, not to condone or glorify illegal or immoral activities. This book is unsuitable for sensitive readers and those under the age of 18.
*Written in 3rd person with multiple POVs.
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22319105-hot-blooded?from_search=true
Here are 5 fun facts about HOT-BLOODED:
1. HOT-BLOODED is a cross between Point Break, The Sopranos, and Twin Peaks. So, if you like surfing, gangster-style grit with
a side of psychological suspense, this one might be right up your alley.
2. HOT-BLOODED’s heroine, Keahilani Alana, is a Hawaiian surfer chick with skeletons (and some other dark, bump-in-the-night baddies) in her closet. She’s strong-willed, independent, and more than willing to use force to get her point across.
3. The tagline for HOT-BLOODED “‘Ohana is everything” and boy is it EVER! ‘Ohana means “family” in Hawaiian, and this book explores the nature of family — good, bad, and deadly — on many levels.
4. It’s set on the lush island of Maui where every color of the rainbow rules — and where terrifying shadows exist in places you least expect them.
5. HOT-BLOODED is loosely connected to Kendall’s JUST BREATHE urban fantasy series. You don’t have to have read those books to enjoy this one, but JUST BREATHE readers who do a little digging may notice some subtle connections. There’s a reason for that. Stick with the ‘Ohana series to find out more! 🙂
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hot-Blooded-Ohana-Novel-Kendall-Grey-ebook/dp/B00LS8G958/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405315204&sr=8-1&keywords=Hot+Blooded+Kendall+Grey
Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/Hot-Blooded-Ohana-Novel-Kendall-Grey-ebook/dp/B00LS8G958/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405315342&sr=8-1&keywords=Hot+Blooded+Kendall+Grey
Paperback from Amazon: http://bit.ly/HotBloodPB
Buy signed paperbacks directly from Kendall: http://www.kendallgrey.com/?page_id=4666
Kendall Grey is the self-appointed past, present, and future president of the Authors Behaving Badly Club. A whale warrior and indie freedom fighter, she spends summers in the corner (usually with a dunce cap on her head) and winters hunched at the peak of Mt. Trouble, fiery pens of fury (complete with invisible ink) flying across the pages. She has a big set of cajones, and she’s not afraid to use them. In her spare time, Kendall speaks your mind so you don’t have to.