Well, I’ve gotten off to a very slow start. I’m not sure what exactly happened — when I sat down and started writing, it just…wasn’t…working. I wrote a total of 357 words before I ran out of time. Le sigh.
I am, however, counting the “processed” words from the first scene, even though I didn’t rewrite them completely. I did more of an editing/tweaky pass, then began a new scene which ended up being that 357 words. In total, it’s 1,332 words.
Since this is a rewrite, I’m experiencing the Rewrite Terrors* and I need to get past them. I’ve done this before, several times, so I know I can beat it. Starting is always the hardest part.
I hope to have better numbers at the next check-in.
Running total: 1,332 words
Words remaining: 73,668 words
Eye report: Twinge-y with a slight chance of migraine.
*Rewrite Terrors: the paralyzing fear of screwing up your book worse in rewrite.